This is how we did it with AVIS.
The purpose of the client was to accommodate a presentation of two areas on the site: car sales and car leasing. There were two options: change the current site on the WordPress platform or develop new ones and lay the necessary functionality initially, developing everything on a flexible platform. After a detailed analysis of both options at the meeting with the client, it was decided to create a new site.
So, this is given: 2 directions on one site, the client is an international company and wishes of a strict b2b site in compliance with the corporate style.
How we approached the solution and built the workflow:
1. Preparation. We held three meetings, during which we determined the difference and advantages between AVIS services and competitors. They delved into the workflow in these areas and wrote out all the details and nuances. They also consulted with the specialists of the companies and read a total of about 70 articles in the subject of the client. (2 weeks)
2. Planning. Having finished the puzzle in the head, we have drawn up a technical task, a calendar plan for the project, which have been agreed with the client and, having received approval, set to work. Reading further, you will often come across a summarizing line "and agreed with the client." Why? We are building our workflow in such a way that at every stage of website development, the client has the opportunity to influence the course of events and make his own adjustments, which is deprived of many other web studios. Many people prefer to take turnkey projects. In our experience, for half of the clients, coordination and participation are not really necessary, but it is much nicer when there is such an opportunity. In addition, for the remaining half, it is extremely important to be able to influence the process. At the same stage, we began preparing the content, in parallel with the development, in order to be sure of having time for the planned release. (1 week)
3. Design The first step in the design development was prototyping the site and UX design. It was important for us to work out the user's entire path from going to the site to getting the necessary information and leaving an application. Prepared a prototype with all the elements shown, we again agreed with the client. After the approval of the prototype, the second step we completed the UI / UX design, and presented the finished layout, which already could see in colors how the new website of the company will work. (2 weeks)
4. Development. Finally, the most crucial moment. Without going into details, two of our specialists (frontend, backend) began to develop the site, and prepared a ready-made site written in php with an individual admin panel, convenient and simple at the request of the client. Again, they reported to the client and proceeded to the next phase. (2 weeks)
5. QA. During the next week we tested the site and the admin panel for bugs, promptly correcting errors and filling the site with content (pictures, photos, texts in three languages). (1 week)
At the end of the work, we gave a presentation of the project and trained employees to work with the site and the admin panel. As a result, the strongest and most modern site in the niche, the absence of problems associated with an inflexible platform, the necessary functionality and a user-friendly platform.
We continue to cooperate with AVIS, and we are confident that we will soon be able to boast of new joint projects.